Monday, June 13, 2011

Le Creuset store at The Citadel Outlet

Thank you to Frank at the Le Creuset store!
Frank from The Le Creuset store

I had so much fun 2 weeks ago that I braved the June drizzle and a crowd of teen model search hopefuls on Saturday to return to Le Creuset at The Citadel Outlet.  Salesman, Frank was on duty once again and I shared with him the latest kitchen adventures with my new Doufeu (see earlier post below).

For those of you not familiar with this award winning French enamel over cast iron cookware, it is simply amazing!  If its versatility alone doesn't convince you, then prepare to be wowed by its even heat distribution and its ability to compel the toughest cut of meat into tender submission.  It can be used on the stove-top, in the oven, even on your barbeque grill.  But wait!  There's more... it can go directly from stove or oven to the table.

When I entered the store, I was contemplating which piece to purchase and was really leaning towards the 2 in 1 saucepan.  But Frank began extolling the virtues of the Tagine.  I had previously convinced myself that I would never need or want the Tagine because it is a "one dish" wonder.  Oh no, my friends... apparently not!  According to Frank it is a kitchen staple and in fact he had recently used it to make a beautiful frittata.  I guess I just need more time to decide.  So I bought a marvelous little Le Creuset frying pan.


And through Frank's inspiration and a trip to Trader Joes...

Frittata Ingredients



Simple Summer Fritatta

Prep Time:  10 minutes
Cooking Time:  25 minutes
Serves: 2

1 tsp butter
1 scallion, diced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
6 extra-large eggs
1 T cream
3 ounces shredded cheese
1 garden fresh tomato, seeded and chopped
1 T chopped fresh chives
salt & pepper to taste
Avocado peeled, seeded and sliced

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter a small oven-proof skillet.  In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the cream, 2/3 of the cheese, tomato, salt and pepper.  Pour mixture in the skillet and place it in the center of the oven. Bake the frittata for about 25 - 35 minutes until it puffs and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Top with a sprinkling of cheese, chopped chives and sliced avocado.

Frittata baking in my convection oven



No comments:

Post a Comment